Your privacy is important to Converge Information and Communications Technology Solutions, Inc.(collectively referred to herein as “Converge ICT”, “us”, “our” or “we”), we are committed to protect and respect your privacy.
The Privacy Notice is the basis on which any personal information and sensitive personal information (collectively referred to as “Personal Data”) we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed, controlled, and protected.
To clearly understand the views and practices as to how we treat your Personal Data, please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
For the purpose and in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, or “Act” and its Implementing Rules and Regulations “IRR” the “Personal Information Controller” or PIC is Converge ICT Solutions Inc. with its main office registered in #99 Reliance ICT Building, E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Brgy. Ugong, Pasig, Philippines.
You have choices about the Personal Data we collect. You may decline when you are asked to provide personal data, but if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to process your application or to provide products or solutions, you may not be able to proceed with your application or use our product or solution.
The information that we collect from you may include the following:
- Personal Data as required for certain services may include (but are not limited to):
- Full name (Surname, First Name, Middle name);
- Civil status;
- Billing or service address;
- Email address;
- Home contact number;
- Office contact number;
- Mobile number;
- Account number of existing plan or subscription (if any);
- Account Payment Details, if you will be paying for our service through our third-party
payment channels or merchants; and
- other similar contact information; company name and position.
- Personal Data that you provide by filling out forms, including but not limited to Personal Data provided at the time of:
- Registering and/or submitting through our official website(s);
- Registering and/or submitting using online or web form link(s);
- Subscribing to any of our services;
- Posting any content information on any of our official websites or social media sites; or
- Requesting further services through our official website(s).
- Personal Data that you provide when you enter one of our competitions or promotions or such competitions or promotions that are sponsored by our accredited third party company;
- Complaints, issues, or other concerns you raise in any of our official websites or social media sites;
- Information that you provide when you complete one of our surveys that we use for research purposes;
- Details of your visits to our company website if you visit or carry out any transactions.
- We may also collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our network.
- When you engage us for troubleshooting assistance, we collect data about you and your network and other details related to the incident. Such data may include contact information, details of communication with us, information about the incident including status of the network, condition of equipment, system and registry data about installations, and network configurations. Depending on the type of network incident, reports can include information to provide the type or severity of the problem, details of the firmware or hardware related to an incident, and nature of the incident and when it occurred.
- When you enter any of our business office locations or other office facilities, your image may be captured by our security monitoring cameras.
- We collect information that you provide to us such as feedback and reviews, or questions and information you provide to our service desk. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
- If you will be paying for our service, Converge ICT will collect your credit card numbers as it appears on the credit card. Credit card information is transmitted via SSL encryption stored on our merchant account provider.
Converge ICT collects Personal Data to effectively process your application and provide you the best experience with our products and services. You provide Personal Data directly, such as when you visit our business centers; inquire or submit online application via self-serve application and other online web form; respond to a survey; submit application documents in connection with our sales activities through authorized sales channels including Tele and Digital sales, and employee referrals; or when you contact us through our customer hotline for after sales support.
We may also obtain your Personal Data through authorized third-party Personal Information Processors “PIP”. Our PIPs are obliged to protect and secure your Personal Data once they have obtained it in accordance with the Act and its IRR. this Privacy Notice, Converge ICT PIP vary over time, and your Personal Data, when you grant us permission may be obtained byt he following PIP.
- Converge ICT authorized Sales Agents from our accredited third-party Sales Agencies;
- Converge ICT Employees through our “Employee Referral Program”;
- Converge ICT existing subscriber/s through our “Member-Get-Member Referral Program”;
- Converge ICT official social media sites when you grant us permission to access your information; or
- Converge ICT business partners with which we offer co-branded services or in joint marketing activities; or
Converge ICT employees or existing subscribers may obtain your Personal Data through our “Employee Referral Program” or “Member-Get-Member Referral Program”. Through these programs, the employee or existing subscriber will be held liable for any mishandling of Personal Data and/or documents before and after they are submitted to Converge ICT.
By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to the transfer, processing, and storage of your Personal Data at our authorized and secured database locations. We ensure that your information is secured and protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice and in compliance with the Act and its IRR. We will keep your Personal Data as long as necessary. For information about managing your contact information, please refer to “Rights to Your Information” section of this privacy statement.
All Personal Data you provide to us is transmitted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology and may be stored on our secured servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of any of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Any modem browser can be used to access our websites with SSL technology.
In addition to the steps that we take to protect your personal data, you should take the following steps to help protect yourself against Internet fraud:
- choose a password you can remember but others will not guess, and if you do write it down, keep it somewhere safe and secure;
- when you have finished any session on any of our websites, make sure that you prevent your details from being seen by any third parties, and if you have registered and logged in, remember to log off;
- clear any ‘cache’ so there is no record of any transactions left on screen; and
- clear your browser history so the session history is removed.
We adhere to the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its IRR, and it is our obligation to ensure that proper security controls are in place and are effectively implemented through our information security and data privacy policies and procedures. While the transfer of information via the Internet may not be completely secure, we will do our best to protect and control your Personal Data from the time we receive it. We have enforced reasonable and adequate organizational, physical and technical security measures to appropriately safeguard your Personal Data
We use the information that we collect for these purposes:
- to perform our business operation activities including the provisions of the products and services that we offer;
- to send communications, including promotional communications; and
- to show advertising, whether in our own products, or in products offered by third parties.
We use your Personal Data to process your submitted application for new or existing plan subscription/s, provide and improve the products and services we offer, and perform other essential business operations that involves the following activities:
- sales application documents submission
- document validation
- account creation
- account payment process
- job order creation
- installation scheduling
- network installation and activation
- product/service maintenance and improvement
- upgrading and/or developing new product features
- conducting research
- feedback and surveys
- providing customer support
We use the Personal Data we collect from you to personalize our communications with you. We may contact you to:
- call or send you email notification or other means to inform you when your account is ready for payment during the processing of your application;
- send you notification via email or SMS regarding a network or service interruption;
- remind you about your payment obligations, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active;
- update you about inquiry of service or repair request; or
- invite you to participate in a survey.
Additionally, Converge ICT, or authorized PIPs, may use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
- to send you messages about your account that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about products, services, and other promotional campaigns that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we both entered into;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes in our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you via electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with formation about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale from you.
If you are a new or potential customer, and where we permit authorized PIP to obtain or process your information, we (or they) will contact you based on the contact information that you provided only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data for marketing promotional campaigns,, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, then:
- please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your Personal Data (application form, marketing or sales lead generation form); or
- contact us at our customer service hotline at (02) 8667 0888 or email at customerservice@localhost
We do not disclose any Personal Data to any of our advertisers that may lead to any individual’s identity, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, 500 men under the age of 30 have clicked on the advertisement on any given day).
We may also use such aggregate information to help our advertisers reach the kind of audience we want to target by displaying advertisement to that audience (for example, women in X industry of X location).
For information about managing your contact information, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please refer to “Rights to Your Information” section of this Privacy Notice.
We do not sell or trade your Personal Data to others. We may share or disclose generic information to any of our business related affiliates, subsidiaries, and other group of related companies only when you give us the consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product and service you have requested or authorized.
In addition, we may also share information with accredited vendors working on our behalf for the purpose of providing you with products and services. For example, PIP we’ve hired to provide customer service support or to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions.
In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and information security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose.
We may share your Personal Data to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If all or substantially all assets of Converge ICT Solutions Inc. are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data we hold will be one of the transferred assets;
- If it includes exchanging information with other company(ies) or organization(s) for the purposes of fraud protection and/or credit risk reduction. For example, when you provide payment information regarding payment obligation of your account subscription, we share payment information with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial and payment services.
Lastly, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve Personal Data, including its content (such as the content of your emails sent to Converge ICT, or files in private folders on our database servers), when we in good faith believe that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with the ACT and its IRR or any applicable laws or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products and services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Converge, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Converge, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter immediately to law enforcement.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose any of your Personal Data to any PIP for such purposes upon your written or explicit consent.
You can also exercise your right to access information by contacting us thru our Customer Service hotline at (02) 8667 0850 or email at customerservice@localhost.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or other third-parties. if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy Privacy policies Notice and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies notices. Please check their policies Privacy Notice before you submit any Personal Data on their websites.
As a Data Subject we understand and uphold your rights under the Act. Aside from providing access to your Personal Data, you may also exercise your rights to:
- receive an electronic copy upon your request, all Personal Data that we have on our possession;
- rectify or correct your Personal Data if you suspect or found out that your Personal Data is outdated or inaccurate.;
- claim compensation if you suffered any damages due to the unlawful or unauthorized use of your Personal Data.
Data Privacy and Governance, and Regulatory Compliance
July 27, 2020